Artificial Intelligence is changing the game for cybersecurity, by being able to analyze massive quantities of data that is at risk at a faster speed and augment them under secured operations. AI provides instant insights by curating the threat intelligence from millions of research papers and other resources. AI is trained by feeding numerous data into it. Through machine learning, the AI improves its technique and be able to understand from the data fed into to learn the risks and threats.
AI changes the traditional way of approach towards setting up firewall policies, managing the backups, and many of such tasks which require a professional.
- With advanced tools in place, it helps the firm to be able to monitor and respond to security incidents.
- The firewalls of the next generation shall have built-in machine learning technology that could find a pattern in network packets and block them automatically in case of a threat.
With AI stepping into cybersecurity it also solves the issue of shortage of specific workforce and helps with complicated hacking techniques such as obfuscation, polymorphism, and many such others. This helps in solving sophisticated cyber-attacks with less human intervention.
With Machine learning in place, it helps in analyzing the cyber-attacks better and respond to the incidents. Also, help in detecting malicious and stop cyber threats. Analyze endpoints for the threat. Improves the analysis done by humans. Any of the mundane tasks can be automated. No zero-day vulnerabilities.
Few of the firms have already adopted AI in order to strengthen the infrastructure. One such is Gmail which uses ML to block 100 million spams a day. Deep learning AI has been used by Google for its cloud video intelligence platform.
AI-powered systems are soon going to be an integral part of cybersecurity solutions. The wave of automation shall take over everyday tasks with fewer errors and more negligence.
In spite of all the benefits what has stopped from it being a mainstream tool in the fight against cybercrimes???
- Maintaining and building the AI system keeping aside its power is a costly affair.
- It can also be used by hackers and other cybercriminals for unethical purposes where they can train the malware and become AI resistant.
- A large number of data sets need to be created in order to train the AI. This requires the research team to do proper research and gather a large number of data sets to feed to the AI.
- The time taken by the AI systems to evolve is a lot. The underdeveloped AI system is ineffective and leads to giving false-positive results.
- With the introduction of AI, human intervention shall be minimized which leads to the cutting of jobs.